Fruits cannot be missing from our daily diet. Rich in vitamins and nutrients, fruits are indispensable for human health. This, not to mention the flavor that assures you a place of preference in the diet of each one of us.
We can say that fruits are a basic food for the man since ancient times. In the Bible itself, the book of Genesis relates that God “left all the grasses that give seed and are on the surface of the earth, and all the trees in which there is seed fruit, they shall be your maintenance.
Important sources of health
It is proven that dried fruits contain little albumin, few carbohydrates, lots of cellulose, vitamins and organic salts. They are tastier, purer and generally easier to digest. Ripe fruits are rich in minerals and vitamins, relatively low in protein, fat, and carbohydrates, except almonds, walnuts, coconut, pine nuts, and bananas. They should be consumed in abundance and regularly.
Fruits usually contain a sugar called fructose. Sugar cane or sucrose is found in very few of them, but in others, it exists in greater proportions. Sugar, combined with organic salts and vitamins, is an enormous source of energy for the body. Not to mention its easy assimilation.
Another great advantage of fruits is that they awaken the appetite and stimulate digestive functions by the number of mineral salts they contain. They are diuretics and facilitate the elimination of toxins, such as uric acid, for example. Speaking of the advantages, fruits have a very important quality: they are laxatives. Some of them are essential for those with intestinal problems. Eating pears, apples, oranges, and grapes in the morning is a good way to solve them…
Calories and protein
Fruits are appreciated for the number of calories they produce in the body and are rich in carbohydrates and fats. But they vary from fruit to fruit. Let’s give an example: 100 grams of banana have 99 calories, while the chestnuts of Pará contain 729 calories. In return, each of them has different properties. Vegetable foods are mostly high in protein. The amount of protein needed per day is 0.75 to 1 gram per kilogram of weight of the person. Let’s mention some vegetable foods with higher protein content.
Soya (dry or raw) 39.40 %.
Almond (toasted) 26.90 % 26.90
Almonds (raw) 23.70 %
Cashew nut 19.60 %.
Nut 18.40 % Nut
Brazil nut pará 17.00 %.
Normally, we need 0.70 grams of fat per kilogram of weight, per day, we will highlight some vegetable foods rich in fat:
Brazil nuts pará 67.00 %.
Nut 64.40 % Nut
Coconut 50.60 %.
Almond (raw) 47.40% 47.40%
Soya (dry or raw) 21.80 %.
Avocado 19.30 %.
- If you buy only green fruits, place them in the sun.
- When you want to prepare juices and vitamins, it is necessary to wash the fruits thoroughly. It is not necessary to discard the shells.
- It is worth remembering that juices with fresh fruit are the most beneficial.
- Fruit cocktails should not be stored in the freezer for too long, they should be eaten fresh.
- Children, even very young children, should drink fruit juices. It is essential to ensure the supply of the very important vitamin C.
- Pediatricians recommend the use of orange and lemon juice from a month and a half of age.
- Always use seasonal fruits. They’re cheaper and fresher.
- We must eat fruits daily. Latin America has a great variety of them, vary a lot and consume them regularly.
- Choose fruit well when shopping. Avoid bruises and those that look “suspicious”.
- Free markets and fairs are the best places to buy fresh fruit.